Blogroll Update

Friday, March 23, 2007

Welcome to the newest addition to the blogroll, Waiting for Dorothy. It seems like a lovely site, but more to the point, I noticed in my stats that I was getting hits from their blogroll. I try to add sites whenever I notice that they have added me. It's more than a courtesy. It's a philosophy.

Skippy has has done a couple of great pieces on how the the great blogroll purge has implications beyond the drop in immediate click-through for those of us with "lesser" blogs. Google site rankings are, of course, based in part on link popularity. So a healthy blogroll is a big part of keeping the greater left wing blogosphere visible to surfers in oh so many ways.

If you've you linked to me, and I haven't linked you back, it's because I don't know about it. Feel free to give me a nudge.

Addendum: And another. Thanks for the link Wilkins Times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.

Thanks for the kind invitation. Here I am:

http://drscottspulpculture.blogspot.com/

Glad to be part of the family.

The Blogging Curmudgeon said...

If you had a blog that didn't approve of hitting pregnant women with baseball bats, maybe...after the Curmudgette gets a total frontal lobotomy...and even then, I think she'd retain just enough sense to not link to you.

Or that could be a different section of the Blogroll: "People We Loathe."

Curmudgette said...

DavidByron said...

Wait.
So if I had a blog and I linked to this site then you would link to my site?


Not on a dare, DB. Not even with a stolen blogroll.
Seriously, I think I'd sooner link to Free Republic. As you know I'd fight to the death for your right to spew your idiocy, but a link is an endorsement. I gladly link to people with whom I have disagreement. But where you're concerned it's not so much disagreement as an ideological fault line.