Jesus Built My Hotrod

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A friend of mine, who spends far less time navigating the internets than I, occasionally lurks on message boards on subjects of interest. He doesn't post except on occasions when the bullshit is so absurd, he cannot resist commenting in a manner befitting the insanity. He writes only:

Ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long.

Like me he is a Ministry fan from way back. And sometimes, when the meta gets just so thick, there's nothing else you can say.

For the past two days, I have been perusing my usual cyber haunts and have been wading through the worst kind of blog-o-sludge. Don't get me wrong. I love a good meta discussion. But this is bad meta. Not the kind that illuminates and lends itself to any deeper understanding of human dynamics and political metaphors. This is the kind of meta that just looks like someone forgot to separate their Siamese bettas after mating.

Here are a few links. It's not a comprehensive list and some of it is just commentary on the blood letting. Read at your own risk. Then listen to some Ministry.

5 comments:

The Blogging Curmudgeon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

According to MSOC, you're a crybaby:

I have, however, turned OFF the ratings system until such time as the less MATURE among us can prove to me that they will not either abuse them OR whine and cry like little fucking children when someone gives them a rating they don't like. Said whining and crying being ESPECIALLY pointless and annoying given the fact that ratings DON'T MEAN ANYTHING HERE.

-9.63, -7.03 If I can't rant, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
by: Maryscott O'Connor @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 at 07:22:05 AM PST
[ Parent ]


Now don't you feel foolish for having taken Armando to task for his unwarranted troll-rating of Peeder? Silly girl.

Anonymous said...

Yep, MSOC is building a paradise over there at MyLeftWing. She's channeling Kos, for sure: "...little fucking children...".

Actually, I think you said it best: "Ratings are a form of communication". And don't enough troll ratings actually HIDE a comment, thereby removing it from the discussion?

So MSOC is full of shit when she says that "ratings DON'T MEAN ANYTHING HERE."

Isn't she the proprietor of MyLeftWing? I would think she'd know as much about her own website as I do.

But you'd be wrong.

Anonymous said...

Let's have a look-see at the MyLeftWing rules book, shall we? Written by MSOC herself:

From the Community Info section:

TROLL RATINGS

The cumulative effect of zero ratings is the disappearance of comments, so BE JUDICIOUS. I am NOT a fan of censorship, so unless the damned comments are totally vile or disruptive, think twice about making them disappear, okay? You can express your displeasure with the 1. (Except when it’s a joke, of course. But be judicious about that, too…


This is the same woman who wrote ratings DON'T MEAN ANYTHING HERE.

Troll-ratings do mean something.

It was unwarranted troll ratings that were protested, yes?

Uh...confusion...does not compute.

The Blogging Curmudgeon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.