Courage-Teacher

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

From the previous entry.

DavidByron said...

When I read this comment this morning I thought to myself that you'd only need one cleansing and it was waiting for you at MLW.

Yeah that puts things in perspective.

You're not wrong, DB. Cleansing ritual. Sock to the gut. Whatever works?

For those who do not know it, a regular of My Left Wing, and Maryscott's friend, BeagleandTabby, attempted suicide this morning. Maryscott found a suicide note posted as a diary on MLW. Thanks in part to her quick action, the police were able to get to him in time, and he is now in the hospital.

This has been a sad day and a rather profound climax to an ugly period in the blogosphere.

My thoughts and prayers go out to BeagleandTabby. And to his friends and family.

I don't know what prompted me to look for this video this morning, but now it feels appropriate, somehow. I think of Joni Mitchell, as Ginsburg did of Whitman, as my "courage-teacher." This is in my opinion a breathtaking cover of one of the greatest songs ever written.


3 comments:

Curmudgette said...

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." -- Jane Wagner/Lily Tomlin

Take everything I thought I knew about human nature and just chuck it right out the window. This is the most revolting display I've ever seen. I've known clinical psycho/sociopaths who could at least mimic appropriate behavior better than what went on DKos, etc. Maybe its the relative anonymity of cyberspace. I know that's at least part of why people act in flame wars in ways they never would in the meat world. I've seen some ugly flame. But wow. The last week has been a whole new level of cyber-depravity and yesterday's events were the icing on the cake. Inhuman. Truly inhuman.

Curmudgette said...

You're welcome. Did you catch this bit of madness over at Booman Tribune?

Curmudgette said...

I don't know either Maryscott or Booman in the face 2 face world. You'd have to have to ask the BC that question, yourself, because I do not speak to him.

But, yeah. MSOC definitely needs someone to protect her flank. I can't believe the way she's being treated. The sickness is so deep.

Btw, I've devoted an entire new post to this.